Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Who's Got Wii Fit Fever?



Wii Fit is all the rage these days. Especially around the Holidays. Even my mom has it and is actively using it by the way. She's becoming a yoga master overnight. Actually, all the Baby Boomers are buying Wii Fit.

Nintendo has revolutionised gaming once again. Taking gaming away from the ridiculously hard games and making gaming fun again. Simple A & B. No longer do you have to spend 14 hours a day playing Halo 3 in order to be good at it. It's made gaming social which is quite fun. I mean, I come home and play Wii Bowling with my parents or Mario Kart with my lady friend. You couldn't do that with an XBOX or a Playstation 3. Even senior citizens are doing it:


Point of note: I haven't touched my XBOX 360 in over a year and a half except to watch DVD's. This coming from a guy who played hours of Halo a day. I HAVE BEEN SAVED BY NINTENDO. WIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

My personal favorite on Wii Fit is the balance game wear soccer balls and cleats get kicked launched in your direction. The sound it makes when a cleat hits you in the face makes my dad crack up laughing. This in turn makes me crack up laughing. Meanwhile my mom continues to take cleats to the face the more we laugh. She gets frustrated and we laugh more. God I love the Holidays.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet post. A game that you can play with your folks as well as your "lady friend" = awesome. I like watching my son take off on the Wii jogging only to eat it in the dirt. Classic. There is nothing like being laughed at by your Mom when you fall down on your arse. My beloved sister- who also is the Chief Merchant of Walmart.com- led a ginormous campaign to push Wii Fit as the Mother's Day gifts of all gifts...needless to say, she killed it with that campaign. Hot Moms are the new black.