Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Climb Aboard With Captain Morgan

In a struggle for blogging material I'm turning to the random things I come across in this beautiful world wide web of ours. Today, in the internet brought me to the beautiful pirate world of Captain Morgan.

It has often been my dream to be a pirate and sail the seven seas in search of nothing really. Going from port to port. Parrots. Exotic locations. Singing "Yo ho yo ho the pirates life for me." Not bad I say. I know my friend Birch would join the pirate life for the rum alone. All he needs is a boat at this point.

But back to Captain Morgan. They are doing a below average job with their site. Ya they show the different products and display a few pics of skantily clad women but other than that there isn't much reason to stay beyond 1 minute. They are always pushing the tv spots showing people doing the famous "leg lift" on a barrel of rum. I think to provide an experience on the site they need to create something where people can upload pictures of themselves doing the leg lift. Create a community atmosphere. Something to get people more involved with the site and product. Otherwise this site was a pretty big waste of time.

The Captain Morgan people should have a look at Bacardi, as their site is a little better and offers more for the user.

No comments: