Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sugar Daddy's Are Like Cement

Random I know but I just ate a Sugar Daddy for the first time in a decade and it almost pulled out all my teeth. After the first bite I had it stuck in my teeth for about 15 min. You could probably melt a Sugar Daddy down and use it to patch holes in dams or lay brick.

Now that we're on the subject, check out the history of the Sugar Daddy:

"Sugar Daddy is a caramel lollipop manufactured by Tootsie Roll Industries. A bite-sized candy, based on the Sugar Daddy is marketed under the name Sugar Babies.

The Sugar Daddy was originally called the Papa and was invented in 1925 by the James O. Welch Company, and was the biggest lollipop of its time. The name was changed to Sugar Daddy in 1932. Sugar Babies were introduced three years later, in 1935.

Today, Sugar Daddies are produced in two sizes, the Junior Pop, with 53 calories, and the Large Pop, with 200 calories."

Fascinating right? If you are ever in the mood to impersonate Mr. Ed just get the large Sugar Daddy and sink the entire right or left side of you mouth into. That should have you trying to get it out of your chompers for at least 10 min.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I could kill you with a sugar daddy.

Schwarzeinho said...

that wouldn't be very nice now would it

Anonymous said...

I've never had a sugar daddy before, however their background is very interesting, and I have had sugar babies before. DELISH!