Monday, October 13, 2008

New Nike "Fate" Leave Nothing Ad


I know this is the wrong kind of football for this place but a good ad is a good ad. This is the latest Nike Football commercial which is directed by David Fincher.

The video shows life-long journey of pro football players LaDainian Tomlinson of the San Diego Chargers and Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers as their destinies collide in an NFL football game.

As you would expect, such quality could only come from the wizardry of Weiden + Kennedy. They just understand how to put together an excellent spot. I don't even play football or even watch it any more for that matter, and I still got chills watching it. I like baby Polamalu trying to surf his coffee table. I'm sure his mom was none to proud of him destroying furniture. Although, now she probably has marble coffee tables from the mines of Tenochtitlan. Not a bad trade off I say.

No comments: