Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Steve Nash Is The Best

Obviously that statement in the title is up to debate. But besides Kobe, Steve Nash in my opinion is the best player in the NBA. I'm sure I'm exercising some favoritism to Nash because he loves playing soccer, but 2 MVP titles sort of gives me the backing for such statements. Maybe it's no coincidence that the 2 best players in the world play and are avid soccer fans. Hmmmmm.

Above is a Nike ad from the past that I just recently stumbled upon again. The spot is a first person narrative from Nash explaining how soccer influences his game on the basketball court and shows you just how talented he is on the pitch.

I've had the pleasure to play against his brother, Martin Nash, who is with the Vancouver Whitecaps. So it's easy to see how he could be such a talent. Bloody runs in the family. Once he was asked in an interview who he models his game (basketball) after and he responded, "Zinedine Zidane". I love it.

Anyway. Another day, another great Nike ad.

No comments: